If you decide to take the route of letting your property then employing a good agent can make all the difference. Putting your property up for rent is increasingly common in the current economic climate and we provide a fantastic service to protect the interests of each party involved.
We work hard to only provide the best quality housing for the best quality tenants on the market. Our wide range of letting services has been carefully created to ensure that you are provided with complete assistance and support.
We appreciate that deciding which Agent to instruct to let your property can, for some Landlords, be a very daunting thought. As a homeowner or Investment landlord who has taken care and pride in their property, you want to ensure that your Letting Agent will find Tenants that will continue to maintain the property to the highest possible standard, as well as pay their rental on time and in full.
Berkshire Estate Agents is a friendly, privately owned company specialising in all aspects of residential property throughout the Thames Valley. We are totally independent of any other organisation and strive to offer a professional, efficient and informative service to both Landlords and Tenants at all times. Our experienced staff are accustomed to dealing with all types of property, ranging from studio apartments, larger flats, family houses and more substantial residences alike, and are therefore aware that each category requires precisely the same amount of care and attention to detail.
We also have an in-depth knowledge of both the letting market, to achieve the best possible rent for your property, and the technical know how to oversee and manage your property for a hassle free term of tenancy.
Our town centre office is ideally situated to attract prospective tenants looking to rent accommodation in the area. We advertise regularly in the Property News, which is the premier property newspaper in this area, and on the internet on major property portals such as Rightmove, Zoopla and Primelocation.
As a Letting Agent we have a careful selection process of all Tenants. As a company we take a personal interest in providing you with the best possible service. Whatever your needs, whether you are unable to sell your existing home or are an Investment Landlord professionally involved within the property market, we are sure to have the answer for you. We are at hand to provide you with advice at all times as well as securing you the correct Tenant for your property.
We are members of the Client Money Protection Scheme.
Berkshire Estate Agents offer a number of services you can chose from when letting your property. Please see below what is included with each option which should help you decide what service package will best suit your needs. We would be happy to talk through each option and tailor a package to suit you if you have specific needs.
We offer competitive rates for all the services we offer and would be happy to discuss this with you once we understand what your requirements are.
Letting only service (introduction of tenant): 8% including VAT of the contract length
- Prepare particulars of the property & rental value
- Market the property for letting
- Obtain full references on all prospective Tenants
- Inform the Landlords of Safety Regulations to adhere to
- Prepare the Tenancy Agreement & relevant notice
- Collect the first month’s rental in advance
- Collect a security deposit/bond (which is a minimum of one month’s rent)
- Advise Tenants of procedures for registering with the appropriate domestic services
- Prepare an independent inventory for checking the tenant into & out of the Property (additional charge applicable)
- Arrange for the check-out of the property
- Advise tenants as to how the Tenancy Deposit Scheme works
- Issue the Tenant with a Certificate from the Tenancy Deposit Scheme within fourteen days of their move-in to the property
Letting & rent collection (in addition to the letting only service): 8% including VAT per month
- Make arrangements for the collection of the rental
- Prepare and send monthly statements
- Chase late rents
Full management service (in addition to the letting and rent collection service): 10% including VAT per month
- Arrange for any property maintenance and repairs as per your instructions
- Carry out quarterly property inspections
- Liaising between Landlord and Tenant
- Ensure that Tenants comply with the Terms of the signed Tenancy Agreement
- Review rental values and renewal of tenancies
- Make recommendations to the landlord regarding the condition of the property
Renting through Berkshire Estate Agents
Here is a guide to standard costs (including VAT) payable to us as your landlord’s agent. Some of these will vary dependent upon our clients instructions and the terms of the tenancy agreement you sign.
Once your offer on a rental property is agreed, our fees upon your application:
- Applicant administration fee: £400 including VAT (per property)
This is the only fee you will be charged, this fee is a holding fee for the property, this also covers all referencing for each prospective tenant for the property, and all tenancy agreements throughout the term of the tenancy. This fee will not be returned to the applicant in the event that references prove unsatisfactory or the applicant withdraws for any reason.
You will be asked to give references to your prospective landlord and letting agent to confirm that you have rented in the past without any major problems. As part of this process Berkshire Estate agents Ltd may also request further details.
- Three years’ address history
- Landlord details for any property rented in the last three years
- Confirmation of earning per annum that are that are equal to 2 and a half times the rental fee
- No adverse credit in the form of a county court judgement, bankruptcy order or similar
- If you’re self-employed, either an accounts reference or to provide evidence of the last three years’ tax return
GUIDES FOR TENANTS
We recommend that all prospective tenants review the information on the links below;
We trust that this information will be of assistance to you. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us in the office.